Be true to yourself, do not hold back the real you within. The person you are that you hide from the world in fear of not being accepted or being the odd man out. If you put on a mask in order to fit in or to be liked then all you’re doing is living a lie. Appearing to be what you’re not is the most ineffective means of being happy. Withholding your true feelings out of fear or not expressing your true opinion is but a quick way to both low self-esteem and unhappiness.
There will always be those that don’t like you no matter what you say or do. I ask, does it matter if they like you or not if they wont like you for who you really are? The people who like the real you are the only true friends you have. those who seem to like you because you put on a mask or because you pretend to agree are not friends at all. Plus it is nothing but a disservice to them if you are not being the real you and so is falsely agreeing with them .
There is no pride in being the social actor and yes man/woman. Be proud of who and what you are, for you are a unique and special individual. You have purpose and you are an important part of this world we live in. Every one of us are unique and we are all special in the fact we are part of the great experience called life. Worry not so much about the opinion of others for the only opinions about you that matter is your own.
Focus on your good points and learn to overcome the shortcomings you can and accept those you can’t. Forgive yourself for the mistakes you make and avoid repeating the same ones over again. Learn to love yourself as well as others, For we all are human and we all make mistakes.
Be true to who and what you are.
- Live life instead of just trying to survive (onelifetimeblog.com)
- Low Self Esteem – How Psychologically Abusive Relationships Impact Our Self Perception (justsaynototoxicrelationships.wordpress.com)
- What’s WRONG With You?? (aka True Confessions) (thenatural54.wordpress.com)
- How 2 B Yourself (zindaadil.wordpress.com)
- A Credo for Living Sanely (What’s True for Me) (psychologytoday.com)
- Living with Fears (12images.wordpress.com)
- Conscious Life – The Wealth Of Living Truly – Joyful Living – The Wealth Of Life Consciously – God Bless – Respectfully (wearetrulyhappy.wordpress.com)