Why cant the many religions of the world come to peace with one another? Why must we have hatred for those who either believe different or don’t have a belief? I never could understand how one person could hate another because of their religious beliefs, race or even nation origin. We are all human after all, we all are brought into this world in the same manner and we all leave it in the same state. We all want happiness for ourselves and those we love and we all have the same basic needs to survive. The differences we have divide us only because we allow them to. Our diversity as a species is what has since the dawn of humankind made us a resilient and thriving species. It gave us the ability to survive many climate changes and challenges.
I have had many friends of different religious beliefs and never judged them one way or another because of their beliefs. If I did judge them it was by how they treated me and others around them. We had many disagreements on religious ideals but we didn’t allow them to become a stumbling block in our friendship. Sad thing is even within a religion there can be division in belief and that sometimes even leads to violence within it. Is it the religion that causes this violence and division or is it caused by the darkness within some of those within the religion.
Either way, I will always be one who believes in every persons right to believe as they wish and I will respect what ever choice they make. I also will not turn away anyone as a friend nor anyone in need because of their beliefs.
I know how I believe and how I chose to be may not be popular and may be looked down on by some in my religion and in others as well, but It is how my heart tells me to be and that’s what I choose.
- Religion and Violence: The Intersect (violenceinquiry.wordpress.com)
- Respect for Superstition? (martinspribble.com)
- An intepretation of the nature of religion, generally (flawednature.wordpress.com)
- My Father’s Religious Freedom (superbious.com)
- The UN Commission on the Status of Women unmasks equality’s enemies | Jill Filipovic (guardian.co.uk)
- Acceptance. (ma2evans.wordpress.com)
- Beliefs vs. Interests (patheos.com)
- Religion’s Creation Story (dish.andrewsullivan.com)