Laughter, the reaction to something funny or an expression of ones happiness. To go out in life and try to make others laugh and smile when they are down is not only noble in my eyes I see it as a sign of a kind and good-hearted spirit. Though life can beat you down, cause you to lose faith in yourself and others the ability to bring smiles and laughter to others still lies within us all. I find when I put forth effort to make others smile and laugh that the weight of my own burdens is lessened and the negative emotions in both me and the other person seems to disappear even if it is just for a short moment of time.
We tend to forget about the feelings and happiness of others around us because we become so consumed with our own troubles and strife. By focusing on making others happy and helping others get through the day we change our focus from just ourselves to both ourselves and those around us. There needs to be a balance of focus, focus on one or the other too much then someone or something becomes neglected.
Laughter is a Band-Aid for the heart and mind, it may not cure-all but it sure takes the sting out of our emotional and mental wounds.
- The Health Benefits of Laughter (everydayhealth.com)
- Laughter Is The Best Medicine (mrlasecki.wordpress.com)
- Laughter (emeraldbeauty1991.wordpress.com)
- Laughter (myeverydaypsychology.com)
- Laugh Out Loud: Laughing is Just Good Practical Fun (femmevolution.wordpress.com)
- National Women’s Health Week: Laughter (healthcarespectator.wordpress.com)
- EDUCATION: Laughter Yoga in Schools (vancouverdesi.com)
- Joy as our Rudder (justlikeyousaiditwouldbe.wordpress.com)