Extreme weather from one season to the next, tornadoes and hurricanes hitting us left and right. Earthquakes all across the globe, and record heat waves across America are signs that something is up with our world. Call it global warming, climate change or just solar flares, but face the fact that there is something going on that defiantly needs our attention. Governments and scientists need to stop living in denial of the fact that our world’s ecosystem is going to change and possibly not for the good . Call me an alarmist or a paranoid middle-aged man if you wish, but I rather look at the evidence before me than to live in denial of possibilities that are before us all. As the old saying goes, better safe than sorry and I believe that more than ever a change in how we humans impact this world we live in should be changed.
Relying on carbon based fuels that are not plentiful enough to sustain the needs of a growing world population. Toxic gases and chemicals that are being pumped into the atmosphere are destroying the ozone layer as well as contaminating the soil and drinking water.What kind of world are we leaving for our children and the children of the future? The shortage of oil, drinking water and food are setting the stage for a possible world war three. As a species we have proven that we can achieve miraculous feats when we work together on a common goal. We are quickly approaching a crossroad where we will have to choose to either continue down the road of denial and blindness or a path of awakening and global co-operation. Will greed and lust of power be the way of man or will the path be one of goodwill and global unity. The global unity I am referring to is not one world government, it is the achievement of a collective effort between all nations to better our world and the tolerance if not acceptance of each others differences.
I believe we require the different nations as well as the different religions or philosophies to keep mankind diverse as well as strong. Diversity is what allowed mankind to survive and thrive up to this point. Without our diversity we would have been a drone like society that probably would not have survived this long. The crossroads are growing closer and soon we must set our priorities and face the costs of our choices. The children of today are the ones that will be the ones to face the results of our choices both good and bad. So I leave it in the hands of those who can make the choices and to them I ask to remember the children when they do.
Just my 2 cents worth, Right or wrong it is here for you to see
- Rick Perry defends his climate change denial [Thoughts from Kansas] (scienceblogs.com)
- You Asked: Drinking Water While Eating – Good or Bad? (fitsugar.com)
- Kelly Rigg: Climate Change and Extreme Weather: We’re Asking the Wrong Question (huffingtonpost.com)
- Climate Change Impacting World’s Most Vulnerable Nation’s Fresh Water: World Leaders at Economic Summit and UN Climate Talks Urged to Act (prweb.com)
- Green technology accelerates global warming (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Global Warming Bringing More Extreme Heat Waves (prweb.com)
- Reminders about the Human-caused Global Warming / Global Climate Change hoax (4simpsons.wordpress.com)
- Global Warming = Global Poverty (fowzie99.wordpress.com)
- Lord Monckton: Bring out your Dead! ” Climate Denial Crock of the Week (tweetingdonal.wordpress.com)