The Job, The Kids, your favorite TV show, even your battle with sin can be distractions from serving God. We allow ourselves to get consumed if not overwhelmed by every day life and the challenges we face each day and that makes it next to impossible to serve god. If we are devoting all of our energy, time and mental abilities to the world we leave very little to give to serving God. Of course we have to deal with everyday life and the challenges it brings, but there are a lot of things we could let go of or that we could hand off to others if not to god himself in order to make time to Serve God and help others.
This world is stressful and can be quite exhausting, the enemy always tries to keep us occupied with what ever he can so we are to consumed by life to serve, worship or know God. Not only does the enemy use distraction he also tries to deceive you into believing there is no hope for you and that you can not be saved. He wants us to be lost and confused so we can not find our salvation and or serve our father and our savior. Through faith, prayer and serving God we strengthen ourselves and through reading the scripture we learn to focus on the will of God not our own.
If you are in a battle with sin in your life stop fighting it on your own, Give the battle to God to fight. Begin serving God by helping others and being kind to others. The more you focus on doing things that are good the less you think of the things that are sinful or that you lust for. The more you dedicate yourself to serving God and doing his will the less hold on you the sinful nature will have. It is a life long battle that we must wage against our sinful natures but the war was already won upon the cross and by the blood.
If serving God is your first and last thought of the day, then Serving God you will do throughout the day.
- Guilt, Shame and sin (They all have been paid for on the cross) (transientreflections.com)
- We are supposed to be extensions of God’s will. (transientreflections.com)
- The state of the mind (woundedbirdnomore.wordpress.com)
- Counting Our Blessings (transientreflections.com)
- Unbelief Thinks God Can Be Gamed (rodiagnusdei.wordpress.com)
- There are at le… (thoughtsofriley.wordpress.com)
- Unstoppable (biblelifeblog.wordpress.com)
- We Grow When We Serve (life-counseling.org)
- God keeps His promises! (myviewandopinion.wordpress.com)
- Steps to True and Solid Leadership: Part Two (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)