Emotions, our masters or our slaves? Emotional response is both conscious and subconscious, But the conscious mind has the ability to shut down any emotional response we consider inappropriate or unnecessary. Our conscious mind is the part of our mind that mainly interacts with the outside world and is the part of our mind that controls our actions and reactions to external stimuli . The subconscious rarely overrides the conscious unless it’s in a life or death kind of situation, even then the conscious mind can still keep control if it is well-trained and /or disciplined. We can allow our subconscious to control all our emotions and emotional reactions or we can learn to take control of them through the conscious mind. To be a slave to your emotions is to let them control your life, influence your decisions and by doing so you limit your potential as a human being. We need our emotions, but we need to learn to be in control of them. Once we learn to control our emotions we become true masters of our own destinies.
Just some Odd thoughts to think about.
- How to Use Your Sub-conscious Mind to Effectively Use the Law of Attraction (newauthoronamazon.com)
- Goal Quote (positivecookieattitudes.wordpress.com)
- The Over-Reaction Button and the Beauty of Conflict! (infinite-wellbeing.com)
- How can you tell for sure someone is angry? (evieconsulting.wordpress.com)
- Our Mysterious Mind. ~ Jagdish Kohli, Ph.D. (elephantjournal.com)
- Vulnerability of the Conscious Mind (cvictorposing.wordpress.com)
- Neuromarketing: A blessing or brainwashing? (themrsite.com)
- The Releasing Circle (zpointpeacefulmind.wordpress.com)
- Twelve Insight ~ You Are Of Two Minds (shiftfrequency.com)
- Bath and Beyond in the Rubber Room. (visibleorigami.com)
You must be logged in to post a comment.