Listening to music is a good way to relax and relieve stress, especially if you just kick back, close your eyes and let the music take you away. As my fellow author would call it.. Space out… We tend to get too much in a hurry to do everything and to get everywhere. We act like we are running out of time, though in a way that is true for we only have a short time to live our lives in this world. But to live every second trying to do everything at the speed of light leaves us in the dark to what is going on around us and also keeps us in sensory overload. We need to breathe, stretch and just chill out at times. Our jobs make that next to impossible, but outside work we can learn to manage time to where we have time to relax. Music being a very good tool for relaxation is what I usually use to relieve stress and relax the body and mind.
There is some scientific research out there that suggest music can alter ones brain wave patterns. Brainwaves tend to sync with the music tempo you are listening to, if you listen to harder faster music you become more mentally alert and the slower tempo music causes most of us to relax and can even cause us to enter a meditative state. Music also has proven to lower blood pressure, help with anxiety and depression as well.
Music is vibrational medicine for the mind, body and spirit.
More info on this subject can be found at one of these links below.
Brainwave ‘Music‘ May Soothe a Troubled Psyche | Fox News
Music Therapy – How and Why Music Therapy Is Effective
Brain Wave Music Therapy | eHow.com
Sit back and relax to brain wave music – TODAY Health – …
- UA’s RISE program, School of Music taking music therapy concepts to Russia (al.com)
- Introducing…Music Therapy Annex! (listenlearnmusic.com)
- Music Therapy Wellness Clinic (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Starting Music Therapy (journeythroughthecortex.blogspot.com)
- Brain Evolution’s First Enhancement Program. (vijnana3000.wordpress.com)
- What is music therapy? (wordpressreport.wordpress.com)
- Music Therapy Connection Between Alzheimer’s and Related Dementia’s (elderoptionsoftexas.com)
- Android Apps for a Good Night’s Sleep (mycricket.com)