living in large communities and in this so-called modern civilization we are subjected to constant ridicule and supposed social enormities we must follow and conform to in order to be happy or successful. They want us to believe we must conform and obey the social rules of normalcy in order to be happy and a part of the society we live in. Seems to be a dreamer, free-thinker and an individual within this modern world is unwanted and/or looked down upon.
Comply, conform and be like the rest of the people or be looked upon as a fool and or a madman. Be like the rest of us or be an outcast and be the target of ridicule. I say hogwash, hooey and the heck with what is supposed to be the norm and the fences they erected to contain our thoughts and potential as a human being. I am going to be me even if that means being an outcast or that I wont belong to what they call the norm. It was freethinkers and dreamers that have changed the course of this human race a many of times. Some brought peace and others have brought us to a better understanding of the world around us. Several great freethinkers and dreamers even helped create this great nation I live in, the United States.
So one can either follow and be a part of the normal and constrained majority of the modern world or one can be a dreamer, freethinker and free spirit who helps change the world if not just be the alarm clock for those who lay in a sleepless state or normalcy. Be yourself, be true to yourself and do not allow the modern world to hold back the creative and unique spirit within you.
So what, I am not part of the norm, nor am I a popular person or successful by the measure that the modern world and society has created. I am myself and I am happy being whom I truly am within.
Peace,Freedom of thought and love to all.
- “Nonconformity and Freethinking Now Considered Mental Illnesses” (madinamerica.com)
- Freethinkers- Tolstoy (worldshaman.wordpress.com)
- Free Thoughts from a Free Thinker…Hmmmm (bublicksblog.org)
- Annie Besant: #FreeThinking For BBC Radio 3 (viceandvirtueblog.wordpress.com)
- The Mark of a Freethinker (atheistrev.com)
- The Devil’s In The Details (shanetheatheist.wordpress.com)
- How Can a Child Live Beyond the Reach of Societal Restrictions? (Review) (popmatters.com)
- On-Looking Beyond (lookingbeyondmag.wordpress.com)
- We’re Not Cattle: Bowing Out of the Branding Game (raneedillon.wordpress.com)
- A Rough Past Increases Gullibility (and nonconformity pays) (kabelmast.wordpress.com)