Will the congress keep being partisan and make a congress that is in permanent gridlock or will they man-up and work together for the good of our country? Will party and personal agendas stand in the way of the changes in policy that is needed to further and maintain this country’s well being? Will big business and lobbyists control the direction our country is heading in or will the congress finally listen to we the people? Only time will tell, but if they keep with status Quo then they will ignore the pleas of the citizens and bow to big business or lobbyist like always. They will be more interested in the agendas and the status of their own party than the well being of our country.
For change to happen it takes the development of the minds and hearts of those in power. They need to wake up to see that the true agenda of a government should be the wellbeing of both the citizens and of the country itself. Businesses will be born and shall go bankrupt that is a part of the free enterprise system. Not to say I am totally against bailouts, but how many mom and pop small business failed since the beginning of this recession and how many could have thrived if they too were considered for bailouts. Mom and pop businesses are the true backbone of America, unfortunately the government does not recognize them as small businesses because they do not make enough money to qualify.
Congress needs to grow up and stop bickering amongst each other and see they are all one family in the scheme of things. They all represent us and should stop making decisions based on party bias and more on if it would help both the citizens and the country grow. They may be Republicans and Democrats, But they are servants to the public and government first and foremost.
“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a
more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility,
provide for the common defense, promote the general
Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and
our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the
United States of America.”
- Boehner Reaches Out to G.O.P. Governors (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- John Boehner: What the Next Speaker Must Do (online.wsj.com)
- Boehner’s speech: Thumbs up or down? (michellemalkin.com)
- How the New Congress Can Roll Back Obama’s Agenda (pajamasmedia.com)
- Boehner’s ‘New Way Forward’ More of the Same — Tax Cuts and Tired Rhetoric (crooksandliars.com)
- Boehner: Vote a referendum on Obama (politico.com)
- I Don’t Understand? (socyberty.com)
- Republicans seek to dismantle ‘Obama-Pelosi agenda’ as US gridlock looms (guardian.co.uk)
- Sol Erdman: Obama Could Still Heal America (huffingtonpost.com)
- Small Business Believes New Congress Means Business Will Improve (eon.businesswire.com)