Self image is both the creator and destroyer of ones happiness.in life. Without a good self image and some self confidence its very hard to keep a positive attitude or to maintain any level of happiness. Low self esteem is the major cause of self doubt, poor self image and some forms of depression, if one wishes to be happy one must elevate their self esteem and create a positive self image. The problem is most people have so much emotional and mental garbage stored in their memories it makes it a very hard task to achieve any type of good self image or self esteem.
First thing we must do in order to create a positive self image and to elevate our self esteem is to take out the trash. We have to face each and every negative thought about ourselves and either accept them or disprove them. Those that are factual and accepted then must be overcame or learned to be an accepted fault within ourselves. I have noticed that if I make a mistake it is far worse a crime than if someone else does. I am far more severe on myself than I would ever be on any other human being. This is not a balanced view of life and causes me to have a very poor self image and low self-esteem.
Besides being a strict judge of my own life I also hold on to the judgment of others such as my parents, sibling and peers. Even though I understand that most of the judgments passed on me were usually wrong if not just exaggerated ones, it takes time to root out those old scars and demons hidden in my psyche. I have learned that to put the hurts and pains caused by others in the past I had to forgive them as well as myself for the transgressions and misjudgments.committed on both sides. No matter who or where the scars and demons I have came from, I am the one responsible for holding on to them all these years.
We are the masters of our own destinies and fates, external forces may effect our course but we ultimately choose our own destination.In the end. It is our own choices that form our self image and effect our self esteem. Freewill does not come without a cost and nor does it come without rewards.
Enough of my babbling for today.
Peace and Love be your Guides in life
- How to Battle Low Self-Esteem (everydayhealth.com)
- Low Self-Esteemers (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- Reflective Appraisal (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- Low Self-Esteem and Bullying: How are they related? (education.com)
- The Importance of Self-Esteem (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- Sub-Principles (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- High Self-Esteemers (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- A great quote on self-esteem! (lovingradiance.wordpress.com)
- What is Low Self-Esteem? (dr-carol.com)
- Improving Self Esteem With Affirmations and Therapeutic Relaxation Music (jamesblair317.wordpress.com)