Small town church vs. Mega church, which is a better experience for the congregation? I would vote on a small town church any day, when any church grows too big it looses the closeness and community feel it should have. I would think it would be next to impossible for a pastor to know each and every member of his church if he has numbers in the thousands or some as large as a 40 thousand members. I guess mega churches serve a purpose but it seems to me that priorities may go awry when there is so much cash flowing in. I guess I am old-fashioned and see a church as no where above about 100 members or maybe a little more.
I kind of like knowing the man who is leading my church personally and have one that is approachable along with down to earth. If I am to trust my religious teachings to someone I would like to know what kind of person he is and have one that is more middle class or lower in annual income. Though I can not tell you what a pastor of a mega church makes but I have known of a few that lived in mansions and has sport cars and even personal jets.
Now I will not say that all Mega Church pastors are rich or see money as more of an issue than their faith. There are plenty of good servants of god who may be pastors of such churches. Many souls have ben saved through such ministries and a lot of charitable works have been done by them too. There are always a few bad apples in a barrel but the rest of the apples are still ripe. Just my personal preference is a smaller more personable church.
Well that’s all for now.
May God be your guide through life.
- The Hip Church (shawnmwilson.com)
- Struggling Christians: Admit To Your Dirty Laundry (singlechristanwomen.wordpress.com)
- News From the SBC (petrosbaptist.wordpress.com)
- The SBC is ‘Diverse’ Now? (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Pastor Fired by Church (apologies.wordpress.com)
- A Church I’d Go To (dovetailedlife.wordpress.com)
- Are Pastors Overpaid? (briandoddonleadership.com)
- Word recognizes Word (ressurrection.wordpress.com)
- What Can Pastors Easily Forget When Preparing Sunday Services? (via Brian Croft) (mgpcpastor.wordpress.com)
- Pastor Terron Morris says “1,500 Pastors a month quit and walk away from their church ! (chicagonow.com)