Music touches the soul of the listener, each listener walks away with a different experience from the same song. Music can affect our mood, mind state and the heart rate in our bodies. There is so much music does for us as a species and yet schools are dropping music classes and choir thinking they are not useful. The arts are a very important part of education and our culture. Take away the arts and you have uninspired teens and less culture in our society.
A painting can say different things to each viewer and just like music can affect our mood, mid set and stress levels. There is so much the arts have to offer to our children and teens.
Just my 2 cents worth on the subject.
- What About Art for Art’s Sake? NYC Board of Education Plans to Test the Arts (blogcritics.org)
- Rick Steves gives $1M to arts in Edmonds (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- American Art Resources & Society for the Arts in Healthcare: Environmental Arts Research Grant (medicalhumanities.wordpress.com)
- YourNews: Maryville College youth choirs to host open house (knoxnews.com)
- The Value of the Arts, the Proof is in the Anecdote (lkramer14.wordpress.com)
- kaleidoscope: an a cappella experience (brianwilliamsen.wordpress.com)
- Vital Signs: Regimens: Soothing Melodies for Cancer Patients (nytimes.com)
- Music & Art in Rome (noplacelikerome.info)