Through ones lifetime we are born into a family, obtain friends and colleges and form a family of our own. The family we form on our own is composed of our life partner, our children and the close friends we have made and kept throughout our lives. Many times we tend to take all of them for granted, forget to show them appreciation, love and compassion. Our friends and Family are what gives us strength and what keeps us rooted when times are tough and when times are good. Without them we would be a solitary and lonely being which would find unhappiness as our daily companion. I have met many of people who claim they do not need family and / or friends in my life and usually either they do have one or the other and when they are unfortunate enough to not have either they become bitter, lonely, depressed and have a hard time dealing with this world and all of its realities. Of course there are the exceptions to the rule and I have met one or two who seem fine, but who knows what goes on in their minds.
It isn’t the quantity of family members or friends that matters it’s the quality of the family and friends you have. I have noticed the better you treat them the better they become and the more they are a part of your life. So we should always try to be the best friend and family member we can and treat those that are our family and friends as the treasures they are to us. When you lose a good friend to death or to life’s circumstances you will notice a hole in your life, it may not be immediately but down the line you will. I have lost several to death so far and even those friends that were distant or that I haven’t seen for a long time still are a part of who I am and a part of my heart.
Lately I have been gaining new friends both in the real world and on the internet through blogging and social networking. Both are just as real as the other and mean just as much as one another as well. The greatest treasures in my life are my family and my friends, even those friends who chose to forget me or to move on are still jewels in my treasure and will remain so till it is my final time to rest. So god bless my family, friends and all those in between.
- Height With Freinds – “I Can’t Stand To Be Refused” (Stereogum Premiere) (stereogum.com)
- July 2012 meeting: Love and freindship (jasact.wordpress.com)
- Introducing Your Friends to Family (theefamilyblog.wordpress.com)
- We become self-absorbed and immersed in the hustle and bustle (transientreflections.com)
- We forget how to focus on the good things in life (transientreflections.com)
- What is a Family ? (lifeinplanetearth.wordpress.com)
- The saying goes…to live a healthy life, you must live with a beautiful heart (c4thygemini.wordpress.com)
- The Friends-As-Family Generation (youaremycelebrity.com)
- True Friends (daddylee1969.wordpress.com)
- A Quote From a Friend of Mine (altheyright.wordpress.com)