Just Passing on a Email from a friend I thought everyone would enjoy.
Original Author M. Barr
Okay I decided to pass along a few secrets I have discovered that help me get through each day.
- Wake up.
- Find something to smile about. To this end. I do what Paul (New Testament) says. If there is anything noble anything good anything of good report, dwell upon these things. I find it simple to just remember things I have enjoyed doing in my life and think upon them.
- Whatever is in your mind is what you will focus on. Whatever you think about will reflect in your attitude. If you find yourself hung up on a thought that upsets you or brings you down. Try listening to music that is up beat and singing along with the song. This one is important. Its takes effort but the reward is simply a better attitude. With your every thought you create the world as you believe it to be.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. What you will find is that there are those below you and those above you. Do not look down on anyone and try not to envy those that have more material things than you. All you really need is in you at this very moment. So many people are looking for happiness when it is as simple as believing you’re happy and you ARE.
- Find something you enjoy and do it!
- Forgive the world and move on. Stop looking for negative things to justify your negative mood. Get over it. Forgive the event and make peace with yourself about whatever it is and pick up the pieces and carry on. Stop carrying around that piece of shit baggage and put it down. Put it down right now and every time you pick it up gently remind yourself to let it go.
- I find myself meditating 70% of the day. Meditating is simply thinking upon a thing. Sometimes I think about nothing at all. Just content to be in the moment. After all is said and done the moment is all there really is, the past and the future are untouchable but can be accessed through thought.
- Relax take a deep breathe and laugh.
- How do I move on? Am I ready? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Put Happiness on your Playlist (positiveprovocations.com)
- Margie Goldsmith: Finding Bliss Through Meditation (huffingtonpost.com)
- Best of the ‘Bee – Confessions of a Ringzilla (weddingbee.com)
- Karen Talavera: Leaving Your Emotional Baggage Behind (huffingtonpost.com)
- Russell Bishop: Are You Avoiding Your Life Life? (huffingtonpost.com)
- A wandering mind is an unhappy mind. (mindblog.dericbownds.net)
- Impulse Control (thesimpledollar.com)
- An Evening With Sharon Salzberg (medicineformindbodyspirit.wordpress.com)
- Findings: When the Mind Wanders, Happiness Also Strays (nytimes.com)