Ok here we go again with another flip-flop on the health news front. Now they are claiming that salt is now good for you and that being fat is also good. The once believed fact that cholesterol in food elevates your serum cholesterol in your bloodstream is now been revised to say it is not the cholesterol it is only the fat. Well at least so far they have not wavered on the saturated fat issue as of yet. I really wish they would get their theories behind them and come up with some real proven facts. This zigzag technique of informing the public has caused more worry and harm than good in the long run. I am beginning to think they best policy is to just eat a well-balanced diet and keep active and pay less to what you eat but how much of it you consume.
I also am convinced it’s the quality of the food we consume now days. It seems the nutritional value of most foods bought in supermarkets have lower nutritional values than what our grandparents had back in their day. Plus we have so many chemicals added to food along with the food being processed to death before we even cook it. And we can not forget all the pesticides and herbicides that are used in farming now days along with how much food contamination is happening lately. Food safety and quality should be one of our biggest concerns along with water quality. We are what we eat and if we eat junk we get bodies that run like junk. All in the name of progress and cheaper production costs. The food quality crisis also heavily influences our healthcare problems.
Hopefully they will get real accurate facts about what food is or isn’t or bad for you to eat as well as finding the best way to raise the food quality and safety. Until they do, they should keep the theories and unproven facts to themselves to avoid confusion as well as unnecessary stress on the public.
Well that’s my thoughts on the matter.
Peace to all
- Consuming cholesterol-lowering foods results in greater decrease in LDL than low-saturated-fat diet (eurekalert.org)
- The Real Skinny on Nutrition (autoimmunephoenix.wordpress.com)
- Consuming cholesterol-lowering foods results in greater decrease in LDL than low-saturated-fat diet (medicalxpress.com)
- Tips to Read Food Labels Wisely (diet-blog.com)
- Micropost: People are obsessed with food quality but what is killing them, is food quantity (english.martinvarsavsky.net)
- Claim your Metabolic Power! (ashlysbodybalance.wordpress.com)
- Dogs Eat The Strangest Things (therealowner.com)
- Dietary Alternatives to Taking Statins for High Cholesterol (brighthub.com)
- Portfolio Diet Beats Low-Fat Diet at Lowering Cholesterol (webmd.com)
- 10 High-Cholesterol Foods to Avoid! (thelifestylechanger.wordpress.com)