Love, Love of other living things and people. The love Jesus showed and shared during his years with us. Just like faith, Love is an important part of being one of God’s children. With a world growing ever more violent and full of hate, we need to focus on the love of god and the love he wishes us to have and share. Hate is not the opposite of love as some may think it is the absence of love. Do not mistake hate for anger, anger is a reaction to a bad situation, hate is the lack of love and respect for another person, place or thing. In example look at when Jesus got angry at the temple due to all the money exchangers, etc. Jesus did not hate the money exchangers he was angry at them for turning the temple into a place of greed. Jesus still loved them all but was very disappointed in them for their lack of respect for God and his Temple. Jesus taught love in many ways such as turning of the other cheek, his healing of the sick and also his forgiveness for sins. His greatest expression of love was allowing himself to be persecuted, humiliated and crucified in order to give humanity salvation. We should learn from Jesus’s teachings and put aside our hate and minimize our anger as well. All humans are prone to make mistakes and sin for it is a part of our nature to do so. We should love one another regardless of sin or shortcoming. It is sin we are to dislike, not the sinner and we should focus on helping each other to overcome the sin. Shouting hateful words or trying to put another human being down because they sin is quite hypocritical since we all bear the weight of being sinful natured creatures.
The pointing out of each others sins is useless and unproductive, Instead we should focus on study of the scriptures and being loving and caring to one another. For there is no need for someone else to point out our sins, we are all already aware of them. So love one another and be supportive of one another.
“And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? – Mathew 7:3”
- Faith plays such a important part (barbierfamilly.com)
- Voices of Faith: Is the belief ‘An eye for an eye’ giving us the right to retaliate? (sacbee.com)
- Luke 5:8 (reversingverses.com)
- This is Good News – A Devotion (lthomason.wordpress.com)
- Monday (December 3) : “Many will come and sit at table in the kingdom of God” (shechina.wordpress.com)
- My Heart Is Troubled-to Whom Else Do I Turn Except to Christ! (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Stick With the Basics! (vineoflife.net)
- How to Walk in the Spirit of God: Part 4 (theeyesoffaith.wordpress.com)
- study on John 7 (chevasart.wordpress.com)
- Heal As Jesus Healed. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)