Once again the congress is in the process of taking away more benefits from our seniors. They always seem to aim at the seniors when it comes to budget cuts. Medicaid and Medicare are an important part o a seniors ability to financially survive. The fat health insurance is still unaffordable for the average Joe and the retired middle class it makes no sense to cut the Medicaid and Medicare programs. There are so many programs the congress can cut besides the programs that we have paid for through the F.I.C.A / Social Security taxes. To be honest I would rather pay a little bit more out of my paycheck to keep Medicare, Medicaid and social security off the cutting block in congress.
We may have to impose a national sales tax that only applies to luxury items similar to the V.A.T. of Europe to help deal with the national debt. The congress really needs to put aside their political parties agendas and get down to business. A big part of our economical problem is that the United States has became too much of a consumer economy. We consume far ore than we produce, most of the product bought in the U.S. is from foreign countries. We need to make it more profitable for companies to produce in the U.S. and American products more affordable to consumers.
The bottom line is that the congress is going to have to come up with a balanced solution to our national debt and economical situation. they will have to find a good balance of budget cuts and tax increases to accomplish the task at hand. But as long as they stick to political party agendas and are unwilling to compromise the chances of a true economical recovery is very unlikely.
God Bless and may truth light your path.
- House “Gang of 70-Plus” to Senate “Gang of Six”: We Outnumber Your Plan to Slash Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security (beavercountyblue.org)
- House “Gang of 70-Plus” to Senate “Gang of Six”: We Outnumber Your Plan to Slash Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security (tweetingdonal.wordpress.com)
- Rep. Waxman’s Statement on the “Cut, Cap, and End Medicare” Bill (yubanet.com)
- ‘Gang of Six’ Plan Cuts Corporate Taxes, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid (tipggita32.wordpress.com)
- County seniors sound off on nation’s debt (ssworkswa.org)
- Dave Johnson: Will American Majority Outnumber Gang of Six? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mitch McConnell for President! Or, No Wonder Ed Schultz Is Confused (my.firedoglake.com)
- Gang of Six plan largely punts on key details, but targets Social Security (dailykos.com)
- President pushes wide deal on debt – Boston Globe (news.google.com)
- Majorities Oppose Any Cuts to Medicare, Medicaid or Social Security (fdlaction.firedoglake.com)