I always had the question of why am I here and what is the purpose of my life? Many years I pondered on that question, sought out the question through self-examination and discovery. Always coming up short and lacking the definite answer. Now in my mid 40’s I think it finally hit me, I am here to be the best me I can be, to live my life to the fullest for both myself and god. The meaning of life is life itself, the purpose of life is to be the best person you can be.
For I see the physical life as a classroom for the soul, a place for us to learn to be compassionate and to learn to overcome the great obstacle of the Ego. The ego is the part of oneself that is selfish and seeks out its own gratification. It is the presence of the flesh and thus it wishes to satisfy the flesh’s lusts and desires. The true self is the living spirit god gave us, it’s the part that feels compassion, love and is always selfless in its actions and in its intentions. It longs for peace, happiness and for harmony in life. Life is the battlefield between these two parts of our consciousness and the purpose of life is to learn from the battle and from the mistakes and or correct choices we make.
Well enough about that, Blessings to you all
” I am more than the sum of all my experiences” ~ Raymond Barbier
- It All Works Out in the Final Reel (stevebeckow.com)
- “This guy is just as detached from reality as Breivik is.” (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- Love And Life (justsimplyinlove.wordpress.com)
- Need Your Feedback Please (stevebeckow.com)
- The Purpose of Life is Enlightenment – Chapter 1/12 (stevebeckow.com)
- Another Musing on the Meaning of Life (anitralahiri.wordpress.com)
- Evil and the empty soul (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- Surrender – keeping your heart open (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)