A lifetime sounds like a long time, but it is but a drop of water in the ocean of time. It goes by in a blink of an eye, one minute you’re in high school and the next minute you’re a grandparent or at least old enough to be one. It really does seem just yesterday I was a teen and a day before that I was a child. Life goes by way too fast and there is very little time to appreciate everyone and everything in it. We get so wrapped up in everyday life we don’t even realize that life is flying by. By the time we figure out that life goes by fast we are past the mid part of our life here. Getting old isn’t so bad at least until teenagers and kids keep pointing it out to you. Just because I am so-called old doesn’t mean I don’t have dreams or that I don’t want to have fun or that I am incapable of doing so. I am pretty much the same person I was when I was 18 to 19 years old just a bit wiser and a little slower to be as compulsive. I have quite a few battle scars from relationships and life’s lessons that I didn’t have back then but still I try to be optimistic.
I guess the funniest part of it all is I went through most of my life never being old enough for one thing or another and now I am too old for a lot of the same things. Seems I missed that right age for everything somehow. Well phooey on all the people who think I am too old to do what I like and the same that think I am to young to have my own opinions and wisdom. I am me and no matter what age I am and will live to be I will live life and enjoy it with all my heart. If I am not the right age or good enough in someone else’s eyes then they don’t have to look. To live life by the opinions and ideals of others isn’t living your own life. To live by what is your own ideals and beliefs is living a full and hopefully a happy life. Even if it isn’t as happy or as fulfilling as I might want it is still my life and my choice and that is what really matters.
For life goes by quickly and we should enjoy every moment we are blessed to live to see.
- How come you are so happy when things are so bad? (onelifetimeblog.com)
- “…happiness does not … (kjct.wordpress.com)
- Spend Your Life With Who Makes You Happy (strangerschasingparadise.wordpress.com)
- Touch of love will be happy to bald (mrking0628.wordpress.com)
- ~ Happy or Content? Some thoughts on life… ~ (laviniathompsonauthor.wordpress.com)
- What is happiness for you? (aywrites.wordpress.com)
- Optimism doesn’t have a dress code (toughmindedoptimism.wordpress.com)
- Wasted Time (walkinginshadow.wordpress.com)