We are like the moon and God’s love is like the sun, we reflect gods love for all to see. The love, compassion and forgiving nature we possess is but a reflection of God’s. Just like the moon we reflect the light of God into the darkness of this world so those in darkness can see the light. We must remember we too walk in this world of darkness and that we must be careful not to allow the darkness to dim the light we reflect. Just like the real moon we also have a dark side we must deal with, this is the nature of being human and of the flesh. The flesh craves all that stimulates and that can be coveted. Our carnal nature is one of the things we must try to resist for it is the product of our selfish nature not of our loving nature or of the spirit which god gave us. Being humble and full of compassion is the nature of our hearts and is the path to being true to the light we reflect. I believe we only reflect God’s light, love and compassion because it is his glory we do the works we do and his grace that gives us the forgiveness we need. The goodness within us sprung from the seed God planted in us therefore the goodness is God’s and we are just the gardeners.
Good Works may not get you into heaven but they are the result of the goodness God planted within us.
So Good Works are done for the glory of God and not for favor or for self-satisfaction.
Just some thoughts on a Thursday morning.
- One Thousand Gifts – A Commentary – Part II (juleslapierre.com)
- EGO – Edging God Out (waltbrite.wordpress.com)
- What Is God’s Glory? Part 2 by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- February 8 – I See His Glory In My Life (lelandfleming.wordpress.com)
- Loving God of Promises (kaylarediscoversgod.wordpress.com)
- The Glory Of God (shirlblake.com)
- Are You Perfect? (servehiminthewaiting.wordpress.com)
- May 3 – From Self-Reliance to Spirit-Reliance (lelandfleming.wordpress.com)