Sometimes you have to get over your self, you have to put behind you the Ego you have accumulated through your lifetime in order to move on and find the real you that is buried deep beneath. We have two or more personalities, our mind creates many variations of our persona to deal with the multitude of different experiences and situations we had in our life. They connect to the core personality which is the real you, they are like extensions or sub programs made to make it easier to deal with the experiences in life. The problem is through time our situations change and those old sub programs / sub personalities are still there. It is hard for the mind to adapt an old persona and sometimes old values and old ways of dealing with things are no longer viable or acceptable. That is why we need to learn to strip ourselves of the other personalities or facets of our ego so we can start fresh and create a better version of who we are perceived as by others.
We all hide behind the many masks we have created through life, we rarely see our true self because the masks are our self-created filters and defense mechanism. Most of us will always have masks, but some masks need to be thrown away in order to make newer and improved ones. Those of us who are brave and strong enough may be able to walk unmasked in this world, those are the ones that become visionaries, healers, spiritual teachers and bringers of great change in the world.
- Wearing A Mask (watchmerock.wordpress.com)
- Eleven Tips For Creating an Artistic Persona (thelivingnotebook.wordpress.com)
- I’ve been to many places but I’ve never been to me (or have I) (itsonlydominicspeight.wordpress.com)
- “I didn’t say that! My persona did…” (thelivingnotebook.wordpress.com)
- Get Naked and Make Friends (universeandchorus.com)
- Doing things for the right reason (hieronymous.net)
- Personas: A Human Approach (slideshare.net)
- Mildly introspective (quichethoughts.wordpress.com)