So many going hungry, starving and malnourished across our globe and there is plenty of food to go around. Many of the nations across our planet have a large surplus of food and a good bit of it will go to spoil, yet there are many people who are going hungry. So much food waste in restaurants, grocery stores and even in our homes that could have been a meal for a less fortunate person. Luckily some grocery stores do donate close dated food to local food banks and organizations. More businesses need to focus on using their near dated food as donations to food banks and charity organizations. Almost all of the religions on our planet support the idea of feeding the hungry and helping the less fortunate. We need to get beyond our religious differences and work together to help our fellow humans survive.
The welfare of our fellow humans is our responsibility as a species, we should take care of our brothers and sisters. If more of us were to volunteer to help food drives, food banks, soup kitchens or one of the many other efforts in aiding fellow humans there would be far less hunger, homelessness and suffering in the world. Helping the less fortunate is a pure form of compassion and is the way we should be. Regardless of your political, religious or philosophical view, the welfare of our brothers and sisters should be one of your high priorities. For one day you may be one of those unfortunate, homeless, hungry brothers or sisters in need of help.
We can go from fortunate to unfortunate in a matter of one day, so we should always have compassion for those in need and do what is within our abilities to aid our fellow humans.
- Mapped: Food banks across the UK (guardian.co.uk)
- Maryland Food Bank Needs Water Donations (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Busy food bank faces possibility of closure (cbc.ca)
- Food Bank Distributes Fresh Produce in Ashland (wsaz.com)
- Got milk? Shamrock Farms donates to food bank (yumasun.com)
- Md. Food Bank Urgently Seeking Volunteers (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Linn Community Food Banks thanks community (thegazette.com)
- White Center Food Bank needs you! Upcoming volunteer opportunities (whitecenternow.com)
- Donation helps Community Food Bank of Central Alabama get another refrigerated truck (al.com)
- Community Heroes: Dudley Clarke (insidehalton.com)