There are so many unhappy, lonely and lost people out in the world. Some have the perfect mate, job or financial situation but still they are searching for something or someone. They get caught up in the illusion something external is going to make the happy or fill the emptiness inside. The only one who can make you happy or fill that void within besides yourself is God. You have to make the choice to be happy before you can find happiness, you must choose to love yourself before anyone else can love you. You must accept the love of God and start a personal relationship with him before the void will be filled. You can have the perfect husband or wife and still feel the loneliness and the emptiness of the void within. It isn’t that your mate isn’t the right one, It more than likely the lack of a personal relationship with God. Even people who go to church every Sabbath and read the bible each day can still need to have a personal relationship with God.
God will help those who help themselves basically says that you have to make the first move in faith and God will be right beside you helping you along the way. In this modern world we focus too much on how much money we can make, what kind of clothes, gadgets and toys we can buy for ourselves and our children. We lost the closeness of family and we need to change our focus back on God as well as the family. The stress of keeping up with the Joneses or the Smiths keeps us so distracted from God and the family. We must remember we should live our lives for God first then the family and lastly for ourselves. When we put other things and people before God we cease to worship god and begin worshiping materialism and the self. God wants us to be happy and have things but he wants us to do so in his honor and for his glory not our own. This is where the emptiness comes from, when we tend to put other things before God, when we do that we close the door inside our hearts and minds to God’s love. That’s the pit, the emptiness, the lack of his love within us.
God, Family then the self. The order in which things are needed to be done.
- Thank you god for all the blessings you have given me in my life. (barbierfamilly.com)
- The Too Busy Church and What it Has to Lose (outsideairblog.com)
- We must put faith in the spirit God gave us. (transientreflections.com)
- Church Simply Focus (moveintoaction.com)
- Keeping on Track (bwwjd.wordpress.com)
- Nothing Ordinary About God ♥ (womendivas4god.wordpress.com)
- 3 Ways to Be With God… (Remember we human beings not human doings) (thesaltlick.tv)
- Ten Specific Things (torishaw.blogspot.com)
- Moving from Carnal Work to Divine Rest (godinministry.wordpress.com)
- The Trap of Loneliness (endtimeebooklibrary.com)