Too much information coming at us all and you can tune in 24 hours a day to all the murder and mayhem. Some of it fact, some conjecture the rest is not much more than rumor. Dirty laundry of the famous, wars on distant shores and the world’s next worse scenario. Too much negativity, violence and tragedy for the human heart to hold. Our mind get stuck in the fight or flight mode and it fills with fear of a possible disaster both far away and near. All of our technology makes us all like next door neighbors and brings us news instantly from across the globe. Too much, too fast and too often is the onslaught of the cold hand of reality and the bad news it brings. So there is no rest for the mind, heart or for our weary soul. We should just turn off the information flow and be happy, but we are way to addicted to it all. We love the adrenalin rush and the feeling of power we get from knowing of all the news and information flowing across our electronic universe.
We are addicted to all the stimulation we get from television and we are heavily influenced by the multitude of messages that they bring. We live in a generation of fear and we are paying for that mentally and physically. Independent thought is becoming a rare thing because we can’t escape the opinions we hear all day long. If you hear something said enough times you sometimes begin to agree with it or at least accept it. I love my electronics as much as the next guy and feel they are an asset to our species if we don’t forget to be human. We just need to turn them all off once in a while and just be human. We need to interact with each other face to face, we need to have time to think our own thoughts and opinions as well.
Too much, too fast is too hard on our whole being. Take a break and breathe, enjoy the simpler things in life once in a while. Let your mind wander and let your imagination grow.
- Be thankful for your blessings and gifts (transientreflections.com)
- Restless Soul (justlanita.wordpress.com)
- We become self-absorbed and immersed in the hustle and bustle (transientreflections.com)
- we added a new Author to our group (transientreflections.com)
- The Facility of the Mind, Heart and Soul to Love (saintfallen.wordpress.com)
- Tender Heart (Puzzle Pieces of Me) (julieannesmith.wordpress.com)
- Old Soul (zen-haven.dk)
- In Need of Rest? (beamuses.com)
- “If I can throw a single ray of light…” (peacepursuit.wordpress.com)
- How Can We Develop a Trust In Our Heart and Soul? (angelabrentharris.com)