There has been times in my life I allowed my low self-esteem and lack of self-confidence to stop me from getting a good job or just getting a job done. The only thing that stood in my way of getting the job or doing the job was my own self. Like others I allowed my fears, insecurities and self-doubt to limit me and keep me from the possibilities that were before me. It is so easy to excuse your way through life, never to face change and never to leave your comfort zone. The cost of living in such a way in the end is quite high, you miss so much of life and you never get to experience life as the person you were born to be.
I have learned you can blame others for the bad things in your life all you want, but the truth is that you alone make the choices that creates what your life is like, going to change into and ultimately will become. It is your choice if you allow others to influence and/or control aspects of your life. Others only have the power that you allow them to have over you and your life.
So it all boils down to what choices you make and what external influences you allow to play a part in your life. The choice is always yours, even when you choose to allow others to make a choice for you.
Your life is the sum of the experiences you have had and the choices you have both made and avoided.
- How to Battle Low Self-Esteem (everydayhealth.com)
- How to Boost Your Self-Esteem (everydayhealth.com)
- Getting older isn’t so bad if you can put aside your insecurities (onelifetimeblog.com)
- Dr. Jim Taylor: Is Facebook Creating a False Self in Your Children? (huffingtonpost.com)
- How Self-Esteem Creates Reality (selfhealthwellness.com)
- Pretty is as Pretty Does – Dealing with low self-esteem (honeymannslife.com)
- Why Sarah Cuts. (The ugly side of low self-esteem) (dr-carol.com)
- Out of Manipulation, I Created a Self that is Inferior to all Life (denisesjourneytolife.wordpress.com)
- Root of Low Self Esteem (verbalbanter.wordpress.com)