I am who and what I am, full of faults and shortcomings that I have learned to accept. I am no stud or intellectual giant but I have finer points that few ever see or notice. My uniqueness is something I treasure and will never hide from others. I used to be so concerned about what others thought of me, but I have learned that what they think about me is less important than what I think about myself. I have leaned to love me for who and what I am. Take me for what I am or do not take me at all, for I am the sum of all my experiences though life and the person I have become within. I am an ever changing and growing person and I embrace the fact I can and will make many mistakes along this path of life I walk. By accepting myself as is I also have learned to accept others for who and what they are. Not one person can be perfect nor can they be accepted and/or liked by everyone. I learned one of the greatest gifts one can give and receive (besides Love) is forgiveness. For forgiveness is one of those things that usually return to you 7 fold down the line. Just like Jesus taught us, we must love and forgive freely and not be swayed by anger or envy. Selfishness is one of the biggest enemies of being happy and living a full life. Selfishness keeps us from loving and forgiving others, it keeps our focus on ourselves and not on the world in full. We may be individuals but we are also a part of a huge family called humanity. We must learn to love and accept ourselves before we learn to love and accept those around us. Love is something that starts as a seed within and grows outward and so is all the other emotions related to it. To love yourself is not to be selfish it is to be selfless, for loving yourself leads to loving others and is a required first step towards happiness. There is always going to be someone you have a hard time liking but this does not mean you can not love them is a general sense. There have been many who I have not liked so much in my life but I still loved them as a human being. Hate the sin not the sinner and love the person but not their faults or actions.
I am who I am and you are who you are, We are two unique people with different views but both of us want the same thing and that is to live a happy life. What our definition of happiness is may differ but we both still long for and strive towards that same goal. I pray and hope you will find that happiness as much as I hope I find mine.
Not one person is alike, yet we all desire to be happy.
- Forgiveness Is For the One Who Was Harmed (workthedream.wordpress.com)
- Betrayed spouses need not forgive – but to accept (thewaywardhusband.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness And Letting Go (healedhearthypnosis.com)
- Be-Lame (marlenvargasdelrazo.wordpress.com)
- Forgive and Forget? (sincerehonestandunfiltered.wordpress.com)
- The Human Condition (uncertaincrossroads.wordpress.com)
- My Personal Success & Life Quotes (mimentovivere.wordpress.com)
- Forgiving and Forgetting (thecupoflife.wordpress.com)
- Love and Happiness: How Love Can Keep You Happy (blogher.com)
- Stage 2 Update: Letting go and finding freedom (misslaughingsunshine.wordpress.com)